Pace Webb of Daddy’s Chicken Shack is making her famous loaded sweet potato fries with house cured lardon.Ingredients
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Fries
- 15 # sweet potato fries (1 case)
- 16 oz salt
- 16 oz paprika
Ingredients for Salad Garnish
- 10 ea. baby bells, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 quart leaves mint, plucked
- 1 quart leaves cilantro, plucked
- 5 oz. napa, thinly shaved
- 5 each, serranos, paper thinly sliced
Ingredients for Crema
- 40 oz crema
- 5 limes, zest + juice of only 3 limes
Ingredients for House Cured Lardon
- 1 lb. pork belly ***CURE 7 DAYS AHEAD***
- Lardon cure rub: about 2 oz. per 1 lb. pork belly
- 1 ea. bay leaf
- Pinch cloves
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp. celery seeds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 4 oz. brown sugar
- 4 oz. salt
Directions for Sweet Potato Fries
1. Leave fries in the freezer. Mix together salt and paprika.
2. Cook fries according to package, season immediately afterward with salt and paprika
Directions for Garnish
1. Keep all ingredients separated.
2. Toss together on top of fries before serving
Directions for Crema
Mix crema and zest together, pipe into squeeze bottles. Send in piping bags if no extra squeeze bottles.
Directions for Lardon
1. Remove skin from pork belly. Rub liberally and wrap tightly with plastic. Turn over every day. Cure for 7 days in refrigerator.
2. Cube lardon into 1/2” pieces. Deep fry until golden brown.